Thursday, July 7, 2011

New York City



I took a business trip to New Jersey in mid May to give a presentation on a design I'm working on.    Four days before the trip I got a really bad cold and fever.  I ended up having the cold for three weeks!   So I was on a lot of medication when I gave my presentation - I was like a zombie!  Anyway, Kevin flew out and we went into Manhattan for the weekend. 

Since I wasn't feeling very well, we didn't do as much as I would have liked, but we made the best of it and packed as much fun as we could into the weekend.  On our first night in the city we went to Times Square and people watched, then had dinner at Rockefeller Center.  We spent a day at Central Park, took a carriage ride through the park, went to the Central Park Zoo, and walked for miles and miles.  The park is massive!  Another day we rode the subway to the flatiron district for a slice of New York pizza.  On a night when I was feeling particularly crummy we decided to stay in and order room service and watch movies.  We went all our ordering Steaks and a bottle of wine!

Times Square
Times Square

An Alien in Times Square

Tonya at Rockefeller Center
Rockefeller Center

30 Rock
30 Rock

Empire State Building
Empire State Building

Flatiron Building
Flat Iron Building

Pizza!
New York Pizza

Central Park
Kevin - Central Park

Central Park
Tonya - Central Park

To see more pictures from our trip, visit our New York City Flickr by clicking HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Central park looks a lot different than I thought it was. It looks pretty big. Maybe I will go there someday.

    ReplyDelete