Thursday, May 30, 2013

Zions National Park

For Memorial Day weekend we took a camping trip to Zions National Park with my family.

The first day Kevin and I hiked an unmarked trail with my parents.  We thought it would be a 2 hour hike, but turned out to be 7 hours!  It was a lot more strenuous than we thought too.  Lots of climbing over big rocks!  About halfway in, Kevin hit a slippery patch of rock and fell and twisted his ankle.  We were next to a stream, so Kevin soaked his ankle, and we stopped and ate lunch.  Afterward he felt good enough to continue.

Some serious hiking/rock climbing
IMG_5017

Natural Arch
IMG_5025

We finally made it to the end of the hike, it turned into a beautiful slot canyon
IMG_5041

The next day Kevin stayed at camp to rest his ankle, and I hiked with my parents and nieces to a waterfall.

Me and some of my nieces (from L-R:  Andrea, Gwyneth, AlizĂ©, Me, Mandi)
IMG_5069

A waterfall we nicknamed "Mini Maui"
IMG_5084

Later that evening Kevin and I hung out at the Zion Brewery listening to a local band
IMG_1350

Then we roasted hot dogs and, later, s'mores around the campfire with the rest of the family.

String of lights on my parent's 5th Wheel trailer
IMG_5089

You can see more pictures of our trip HERE.  You can also check out my mom's blog post and photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment