Tuesday, December 24, 2013

New York City Trip - Day# 1


12/14/2013 2:13 PM - in the air on my way to Denver.  Our connecting flight to New York got canceled because the airport is shutting down ten minutes before our flight was scheduled to arrive.  Mom was able to get us on a flight into New York tomorrow morning, they had nothing sooner, so we'll get into NYC a day late. Not happy that we'll miss a whole day of our trip in NYC, it was already going to be a short trip.  I guess I should just be happy that we will be safe and that I get to spend some quality one on one time with my mom. Once we get to Denver we'll need to scramble to rearrange hotel stays, and hopefully rebook our Wicked tickets.

3:50 PM - so far this is turning out to be the trip from hell.  They lost my bag.  They said it is 'probably' on its way to New York.  Not sure how that can be since they canceled the flight!  It is probably sitting in Phoenix and I'm going to be stuck without it the whole trip!  Good news is that mom's flight arrived and I'll be meeting her in a minute.  Kevin booked us a hotel, so at least we don't have to sleep at the airport.

7:02 PM - the fun continued with us getting on the wrong shuttle and ending up the wrong hotel.  The hotel was kind enough to shuttle us over to the correct hotel rather than us having to take a cab or take a shuttle back to the airport.  We just checked in and then ate dinner at the hotel restaurant. There are tons of people at the hotel who are stranded without bags.  Apparently Denver airport decided to hold bags for canceled flights and then redirect them overnight (although mom got her bag) We were told we are extremely lucky to be booked on a flight for tomorrow, lots of people are stranded until Monday.  Tomorrow is going to be a nightmare at the airport.  I'm going to take a lava hot shower and go to bed and read for awhile. At least I was smart enough to pack the necessities into my carryon, except for a toothbrush.  I'll have to go get one from the hotel store.

1 comment:

  1. It was a trip of a lifetime. Thanks for inviting me. It meant so much to be able to spend time with just you. We made some great memories. I love looking at all the pictures and remembering everything about that very moment. Taking me to the hospital where I was born, was very special to me, and I'm glad we made it. I do regret that we didn't get to Tiffany's like you wanted. I know you sacrificed that for me so we could go to the Statue Of Liberty. I love you tons, Mom!!!

    ReplyDelete